Farmers Market Tour: Williamsburg Farmers Market
May 2017~Williamsburg, Virginia
- Located in beautiful historic Williamsburg on W Duke of Gloucester Street
- Founded in 2002; features 40 vendors, many of whom are certified organic
- Open every Saturday (April-October) from 8 AM-12 noon, with seasonal markets throughout the rest of the year
- Free parking in Lot P6 (Francis Street) from 8-noon on Saturdays; free 1 to 2-hour parking in nearby lots
- Offers only products from Virginia (as part of Virginia Grown)
- All vendors accept cash & market tokens; some accept checks & VISA/MasterCard
- Recommend to a friend? Totally. This market is one of the best we've encountered in our 10+ years of local food! Beautiful setting (with *clean restrooms*), friendly people, lots of organic produce. Love.
(Note: please click on any of the photos below to enlarge)
From the top: luscious May strawberries from MillFarm Christmas Trees & Berry Farm; spring asparagus from KelRae Farm; kohlrabi & herbs; views of the entrance to the farmers market & the great local music scene; asparagus & edible pea flowers from Blenheim Organic Gardens; lovely May flowers from Faith Flower Farm; adorable doggie hanging out with Thomas Jefferson.